As we navigate the Coronavirus situation, MPP has taken some steps to ensure the safety of our clients and staff. Effective Monday, March 16, all MPP staff are working remotely whenever possible. In addition, all meetings are now being conducted digitally. We intend to keep this policy in place until authorities adjust the guidelines.
Our staff has full capabilities from any location, so as we continue to work remotely, service levels will not decrease. MPP staff are active and fully engaged each day in supporting our clients, and this will continue for the duration of this situation.
Should you need to reach us, or have any questions, you can do so through the channels you normally use. You can also contact us by using the form below.
As more people spend more time at home, we believe it will impact consumer behavior in several ways. Here are a few predictions of how things will change in the short term:
- E-commerce sales will grow significantly
- Streaming consumption and video games will grow substantially
- Live events will move online
- Fitness companies will deliver live-streamed clases for members
- CPG/FMCG sales, grocery delivery, and food take-out ordering will increase
- TV viewership will increase
- Audio streaming will increase
- News consumption across the media spectrum will rise substantially
As consumer behavior and the way we live change during this challenging time, consider how you can support or assist your customers and the community in a way that is authentic to your organization. How your organization reacts and proving what you stand for when times are tough can have far-reaching effects for your brand now, and once the world is back to normal.
MPP remains committed to the success of your brand, and we’re ready to help you navigate the changing economy. Please reach out with any questions you have and let us know how we can assist you.
Please stay safe and healthy.
Your friends at Media Place Partners