Careers at MPP
Paid Search Specialist
Media Place Partners is an independent media firm located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. We provide advertising and media services with expertise across both digital and traditional channels.
We are looking for an energetic professional to work within the Search Advertising department. This role includes internal advertiser responsibilities, such as campaign deployment, keyword research, text ad copy writing, monitoring and optimizing campaign performance, reporting, and client communication. The ideal candidate will have experience in search marketing or digital advertising, the ability to learn and adapt quickly, and meticulous attention to detail.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategize, plan, launch, and manage multiple search campaigns for clients across several industries
- Optimize paid search campaigns using learned techniques and creative solutions that will move the campaign towards client goals
- Provide outstanding customer and account support, both internally and externally
- Perform educated & data driven keyword research
- Write compelling ad copy within limited character counts that articulates client messages
- Provide regular reports and insights into the performance of paid search campaigns and deliver these results in the form of client-facing emails, calls, and in-person meetings
- Proven track record of success in previous work experiences
- Ability to effectively operate with high energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Naturally proactive and autonomous, with a passion for learning and creative problem solving
- Great written communication skills or copy writing experience
- Effective multi-tasker, able to manage a wide range of projects at any given time
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- A high level of understanding of data and how to work with it
- Experience with online advertising, ad serving technologies, and managing online advertising campaigns or advertising related course work is a plus
- Experience with Google Marketing products (especially Google Ads for paid search, Google Analytics & Google Tag Manager)
- 6 – 18 months paid search management experience
- Proven understanding of both organic and paid search marketing
- Advanced data or reporting experience
- Client management experience
Account Services Intern – Digital Media
Media Place Partners is expanding our team by adding an Account Services Intern for our Digital Media division. Spend your summer learning and experiencing digital advertising. Work closely with seasoned professionals from Ad Operations, Data Analysis, and Account Management. Gain a more complete understanding of digital advertising, optimization tools and reporting systems with hands-on experience and professional oversight. If you are a quick learner, a self-starter, can work well independently or on a team, and are entering your senior year in college, then read on!
Hours for this paid position will vary based on workload but will most often be from 25-40 hours per week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creative review, creative upload, and creative modifications
- Data mining and analysis for use in media planning and buying
- Trafficking digital campaigns across our entire ecosystem
- Support of various teams via reporting, optimization, and campaign expansion
- Campaign reporting and analysis
- Campaign and client support and management
- Entering senior year in college
- A keen eye for ad quality and user experience
- Successful work and school history
- Ability to operate effectively with high-energy and flexibility in a fast-paced, constantly evolving team environment
- Experience in customer service, client management, or sales
- Strong mathematical, finance, and analytical skills
- Ability to review, compile, and analyze data from multiple sources
- College level course work in business, advertising, or communications preferred but not required
- Experience and proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite including Excel, Word, and Access.
Data Analysis Intern
You love numbers, data, spreadsheets, and think big data is so so cool. That being the case probability points to us having the gig for you. We seek an intern to assist in our Data Analysis department for the summer. Take a deep dive into advertising campaign data analysis and reporting, all while learning about the varied roles contribute to successful campaign performance. This is real hands on experience with real advertising campaigns, real clients, and the ability to deliver real actionable insights.
Hours for this paid position will vary based on the availability of work. Most typically they will come in about 25 – 40 hours per week.
- Proficiency in Excel
- Proficiency in SQL a plus
Our parent company, Adtegrity is in need of a software engineer to join our team. Take your development skills to the next level as a member of Adtegrity’s world-class development team. Learn development and testing processes used to create applications for Fortune 100 companies.
The Ideal Candidate:
We look for team members who are passionate about development, program in their free time, continually seek and uncover new things, and enjoy sharing those new things. If you learn quickly, are disciplined in your work, and have demonstrated interest and aptitude by having become proficient in a variety of languages and tools; we need to talk. In the end, we’re much less concerned with your specific technology background and more with your work ethic and passion for code.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ruby on Rails or other dynamic language experience
- Front-end web development experience
- Fierce desire to learn and grow as a developer
- Comfortable working in a team
- Good oral/written communication skills
- Experience with Web APIs
- RSpec and experience with Test-Driven Development
- Git for source control
- Capistrano for deployment
- Vim for writing code
- Experience with at least one classic OO language